The Automated Cheque Processing system (ACP) and the Automated Clearing House (ACH) handle large volume and low value payment transactions. The applicable software (Barberousse-Capture) enables the scanning of payment instruments (cheques, drafts, bills of exchange, etc). It is to be installed at bank branches or at the Head Offices, in support of the following functionalities:
- Scanning of both sides of payment instruments‟ (front and back);
- Reading MICR codeline, printing and endorsing text on the reverse side of the scanned instrument;
- Manual input / loading of data related to scanned values;
- Generating image files of both sides of the instruments (PAK file) and index files containing information related to the image (CAT file);
- Electronically signing of the images; and
- Generating data files containing information of the scanned values.