The procurement of goods, works and service are in accordance with The Gambia Public Procurement Authority (GPPA) Act 2014 which ensure that all government procurement adhere to the objective.
The objectives of the Act are to provide a system for ensuring:
- Transparent, efficient and economic public procurement;
- Accountability in public procurement;
- A fair opportunity to all prospective suppliers of goods, works, services and consultancy services;
- The prevention of fraud, corruption and other malpractices in public procurement; and
- Improvements in social and economic capacity in The Gambia, including facilitating the participation of local small and medium enterprises and individuals to participate in a competitive and economic manner, as suppliers, contractors and subcontractors in public procurement.
* Vendors are required to submit their GPPA certificate during bidding.